↳ Calgary Awards
What is The Award for Accessibility?
The Award for Accessibility recognizes buildings or facilities in Calgary that significantly exceeded the minimum requirements of Section 3.8, "Barrier-Free Design" of the Alberta Building Code for accessibility by persons with disabilities.
For specific information on this award, contact Building Regulations, The City of Calgary at 403-826-9970.
- The building must be operated by an organization other than The City of Calgary.
- The building must have undergone construction, expansion or renovation within the past five years. The five year timeline begins from the date the subject building or portion thereof was given permission by The City's Building Regulations Division to be occupied.
- Nominations will not be considered if the majority of the accessibility features are not functional or completed.
Submitting a Nomination
- Refer to steps outlined in "How To Submit A Nomination" as well as any requirements specific to the award.
- In your nomination letter, please include:
- The location, building, or facility you are nominating.
- The street address.
- Your name, address, and telephone number.
- Current owners and occupants.
- The organization and/or consultants responsible for the accessibility initiative.
- The nature of the project and the accessibility components.
- The time frame of the project.
- The reasons why accessibility issues were given priority.
- The cost of the project and the cost of the accessibility components.
- The impact of the project on persons with disabilities.