↳ Calgary Awards
What is The Environmental Achievement Award?
The Environmental Achievement Award recognizes environmental achievement contributions that reduce our impact on and/or restore our city's natural environment.
The Environmental Achievement Award recognizes environmental contributions in innovation and application of advanced technology; climate resilience; environmental management, including conservation of natural resources and environmental protection through reduced pollution (air, land and water); and public education, including promotion of environmental stewardship.
Eligible nominees may be individuals or organizations and include individual Calgarians, Calgary-based businesses and corporations with local operations (including Crown corporations), educational institutions and not-for-profit organizations.
Additional Nomination Information
Submitting a Nomination
- Refer to steps outlined in "How To Submit A Nomination" as well as any requirements specific to the award.
- In your nomination letter, please include:
- The rationale for why you believe the nominee deserves this award.
- A thorough description of what the nominee initiated, developed, implemented or managed (projects, programs, policies, processes) that made a positive environmental contribution. Consider:
- Impact (significance of outcome of environmental protection and/or enhancement).
- Reach (levels of participation and/or awareness).
- Opportunities and challenges.
- Originality and innovation.
- The resulting benefits or expected benefits to the environment.
For specific information about the Environmental Achievement Award, contact Environmental & Safety Management at the City of Calgary, at 403-268-2489.