What are the Environmental Achievement Awards?
These awards recognise achievements in advanced technology, management, conservation, protection, enhancement, education, stewardship, and promotion that serves to reduce our impact on and/or restore the city’s natural environment.
Submitting a Nomination
- Refer to steps outlined in "How To Submit A Nomination" as well as any requirements specific to the award.
- In your nomination letter, please include:
- The reasons why you believe the nominee deserves this award.
- A thorough description of how the nominee initiated, developed, implemented or managed projects, policies, processes, activities, or new technologies.
- The resulting benefit to the environment.
Awarded to a Calgary business for innovative and/or exemplary environmental conduct. Any corporate entity with an office in Calgary, including a Crown corporation qualify for this award.
Awarded to an educational institution, school board, school or student(s) for exemplary conduct or for a fully developed and/or fully operational, innovative environmental policy, project or activity.
Awarded to a Calgarian of any age, whose actions and achievements have shown dedication to protecting and/or enhancing the environment.
Awarded to a non-government, Not for Profit organization for outstanding environmental contribution. Calgary-based organizations as well as branches of national or international entities qualify for this award.
For specific information about these awards, call Environmental & Safety Management, The City of Calgary at 403-268-1148.