Review the award categories and determine which category is most appropriate for the person, organization or group you wish to nominate. On the following pages, a description of each award and eligibility requirements is included. Please ensure you read carefully. Use the content guideline for each category to help you prepare your nomination letter.
Submit a letter of nomination, two to five pages in length, describing in detail why the nominee deserves the award.
- Type your nomination letter on plain, white paper.
- Nomination letters less than one page in length will not be submitted for consideration to the awards juries.
- The Calgary Awards juries select all award recipients and base their decisions entirely on the information provided in the nomination package.
- Do not include web links or URLs. Please print the webpage or article and include it as part of your supporting materials.
- Self-nominations are accepted, however, they must be accompanied by a letter of reference.
In addition to the nomination letter, you may submit supporting materials such as newspaper articles, photographs, testimonials, etc.
- Keep materials to a maximum of 14 pages, single-sided (this includes photographs). These pages must be on 8½" x 11" paper.
- Cerlox or bound presentation folders are not accepted as the nomination package submitted will be reproduced many times for the jury.
- Nominations are not returned.
Once you have prepared the nomination letter and pulled together supporting material, complete the nomination form and attach it to the front of your nomination letter. You may use a blank page instead, listing all of the requested information. Your nomination will not be processed without this information.
or use the nomination form in the 2015 Calgary Awards Brochure.
Nomination packages must be received by Friday, May 6, 2016. We regret that nominations received after this date will not be considered.*
The Calgary Awards
City Clerk's Office (#8007),
The City of Calgary
P.O. Box 2100, Station M
Calgary, AB T2P 2M5
The Calgary Awards
City Clerk's Reception - Corporate Records
Ground Floor, Administration Building
313 7th Ave. S.E.
* The nomination deadline is Friday, May 6, 2016, for all awards except The City of Calgary W.O. Mitchell Book Prize, which is April 15, 2016.