↳ Calgary Awards
Review the award categories and determine which category is most appropriate for the individual, corporation, community group or organization you wish to nominate. Please click on the appropriate award category above for a description of each award and eligibility requirements. Please ensure you read carefully. Use the content guidelines for each category to help you prepare your nomination letter.
Submit a letter of nomination, two to five pages in length, describing in detail why the nominee deserves the award.
- Type your nomination letter on plain, white paper.
- Nomination letters less than two pages in length will not be submitted for consideration to the awards juries.
- The Calgary Awards juries select all award recipients and base their decisions solely on the information provided in the nomination package.
- Self-nominations are accepted, however, they must be accompanied by a letter of reference.
In addition to the nomination letter, you may submit supporting materials such as newspaper articles, photographs, testimonials, etc.
- Keep materials to a maximum of 14 pages, single-sided (this includes photographs). These pages must be on 8½" x 11" paper.
- Cerlox or bound presentation folders are not accepted as the nomination package submitted will be reproduced many times for the jury.
- Do not include web links or URLs. Please print the webpage or article and include it as part of your supporting materials.
- Nominations are not returned.
Once you have prepared the nomination letter and pulled together supporting material, complete the nomination form and attach it to the front of your nomination letter. You may use a blank page instead, listing all of the requested information. Your nomination will not be processed without this information.
You may also use the nomination form in the 2016 Calgary Awards Brochure.
Nomination packages must be received by Wednesday, March 1, 2017. We regret that nominations received after this date will not be considered.*
The Calgary Awards
The City of Calgary
City Clerk's Office (#8007),
P.O. Box 2100, Station M
Calgary, AB T2P 2M5
The Calgary Awards
City Clerk's Reception - Corporate Records
Ground Floor, Administration Building
313 7th Ave. S.E.
Calgary, AB T2G 2M3
* The nomination deadline is Wednesday, March 1, 2017, for all awards except The City of Calgary W.O. Mitchell Book Prize, which is December 31, 2016.