Each Calgary Award is given to an individual, group, organization, school, or corporation, depending on the criteria for each award.
Individuals nominated for a Calgary Award must meet the following criteria:
- Nominees are to have made a significant contribution to Calgary.
- Nominees must be residents of Calgary (permanent address in Calgary) for two years as of December 31, 2015 or reside within 10 kilometres of the city’s boundaries for two years as of December 31, 2015. In special circumstances, the selection committee may consider a nominee from outside the 10-km radius.
- Nominees must not presently hold political office.
- Nominees must be 18 years of age or older, with the exception of those nominated in the Youth category.
- Individuals may be nominated for more than one award.
Groups, organizations, schools, or corporations nominated for a Calgary Award must meet the following criteria:
- Must be Calgary-based or be a local branch of a national or international organization.
- Crown corporations are eligible for the Environmental Achievement Corporate Award.
Please note: Refer to each award section for eligibility criteria specific to each award.
Selection of Recipients
Only one recipient is selected for an award. Where a nominee is nominated for more than one award (individual or organization) they may only receive one award in the given year. In some circumstances no recipient is selected.