↳ Calgary Awards
Each Calgary Award is given to an individual, group, organization or corporation, depending on the criteria for each award.
Individuals nominated for a Calgary Award must meet the following criteria:
- Nominees are to have made a significant contribution to Calgary.
- Nominees must be residents of Calgary (permanent address in Calgary) for two years as of December 31, 2016.
- Nominees must not presently hold political office.
- Individuals may only be nominated for one award in a given year.
Groups, organizations or corporations nominated for a Calgary Award must meet the following criteria:
- Must be Calgary-based or be a local branch of a national or international organization.
- Crown corporations are eligible for the Environmental Achievement Award.
Selection of Recipients
Only one recipient is selected for an award. In some circumstances, no recipient is selected.
An individual, corporation, community group or organization who receives a Calgary Award cannot subsequently receive a Calgary Award in the same category or for the same achievement.
City of Calgary employees are not eligible for a Calgary Award for their work as a City employee. Similarly, business units and City projects are not eligible for a Calgary Award.
Please refer to each award section for eligibility criteria specific to each award.