Authorized Elector Identification
New for 2013, electors must produce authorized identification that indicates both the elector’s name and current address of residence. Below is a list of authorized forms of identification that will be accepted at the voting stations:
• Alberta Operator’s (Driver’s) Licence
• Alberta Identification Card
• Attestation of Residence issued by the authorized representative of a post-secondary institution*
• Attestation of Identity and Residence issued by the authorized representative of a correctional institution*
• Attestation of Identity and Residence issued by the authorized representative of a shelter or soup kitchen*
• Attestation of Identity and Residence issued by the responsible authority of a supportive living facility or treatment center
• Attestation of Residence issued by the authorized representative (landlord) of a commercial property management company*
• Attestation of Residence issued by the responsible authority of a First Nations band or reserve
• Bank/credit card statement or personal cheque
• Correspondence issued by a school, college or university
• Government cheque or cheque stub
• Income/property tax assessment notice
• Insurance policy or coverage card
• Letter from a public curator, public guardian or public trustee
• Pension Plan statement of benefits, contributions or participation
• Residential lease or mortgage statement
• Statement of government benefits: E.g. Employment insurance, old-age security, social assistance, disability support or child tax benefit.
• Utility bill: E.g. Telephone, public utilities commission, television, hydro, gas or water.
• Vehicle ownership, registration or insurance certificate
*If using the attached attestation form, please fill in, print and take to an authorized representative for a signature as proof of identity and ordinary residence.