Share this page Print


You are eligible to vote in the Calgary General Election if you:

  • Are at least 18 years old;
  • Are a Canadian citizen;
  • Have resided in Alberta for a minimum of six months;
  • Are a resident on election day:
    • Of the City of Calgary, for Mayor and Councillor; and
    • Of the Calgary Board of Education, for Public School Trustee; or
    • Of the Calgary Roman Catholic Separate School District No. 1, for Separate School Trustee; and
  • Can provide one of the authorized pieces of identification, which include:
    • Alberta Operator’s (Driver’s) Licence
    • Alberta Identification Card
    • Attestation of:
      • Residence issued by the authorized representative of a post-secondary institution, correctional institution, shelter or soup kitchen or supportive living facility or treatment centre
      • Residence issued by the authorized representative (landlord) of a commercial property management company
    • Residence issued by the responsible authority of a First Nations band or reserve
    • Bank/credit card statement or personal cheque
    • Correspondence issued by a school, college or university
    • Government cheque or cheque stub
    • Income/property tax assessment notice
    • Insurance policy or coverage card
    • Letter from a public curator, public guardian or public truste
    • Pension Plan statement of benefits, contributions or participation
    • Residential lease or mortgage statement
    • Statement of government benefits such as: employment insurance, old-age security, social assistance, disability support or child tax benefit
    • Utility bill: e.g. Telephone, public utilities commission, television, hydro, gas or water
    • Vehicle ownership, registration or insurance certificate

*Please note this list may be subject to change