You may request a Mail-in (Special) ballot if you are unable to vote during the Advance Vote or on Election Day because:
- Of a physical incapacity; or
- You are absent from The City; or
- You are working on Election Day as a Deputy Returning Office (DRO), Constable, Candidate, Agent, Scrutineer or campaign worker.
Applications for the Mail-in (Special) Ballots can be made:
- Online at www.calgary.ca/election; or
- By filling out a request on the YYC Vote mobile app; or
- By phoning the Election Office at 403-476-4100 (option 2); or
- By faxing the Election Office at 403-476-4101; or
- In person at the Election and Information Services Office, 1105 55 Ave NW, Calgary; or
- In writing to Returning Officer, City of Calgary, Election and Information Services 1103 55 Ave NE, Calgary, Alberta, T2E 6W1.
Ballots must be received by the Election Office no later than 8 p.m. on Election Day, in accordance with the instructions and in the envelopes provided. A photocopy of one of the authorized pieces of identification is required to be sent with the returned ballots.