Mail-in (Special) Ballots
You may request a Mail-in (Special) Ballot if you are unable to vote during the advance vote or on election day because you are:
- Physically unable;
- Absent from the city; or
- Working on election day as a Deputy Returning Office (DRO), Constable, Candidate, Agent, Scrutineer or campaign worker.
Applications for a Mail-in (Special) Ballot can be made:
- Online at calgary.ca/election;
- By filling out a request on the YYC Vote mobile app;
- By phoning the Elections and Census Office at 403-476-4100 (option 2);
- By faxing the Elections and Census Office at 403-476-4101;
- In-person at the Elections and Census Office, 1103 55 Ave NE, Calgary; or
- In writing to the Returning Officer, City of Calgary, Elections and Census Office, 1103 55 Ave NE, Calgary, Alberta, T2E 6W1.
An application for a Mail-in (Special) Ballot can be made beginning in July of an election year. A ballot package with instructions will be mailed to you following nomination day. A photocopy of one of the authorized pieces of identification is required to be sent with the returned ballots. Ballots must be received by the Elections and Census Office no later than 8 p.m. on election day.