The Licence and Community Standards Appeal Board (LCSAB) is an impartial board that hears appeals with respect to decisions made by The City of Calgary Administration.
Candidates interested in serving on the LCSAB should meet the following eligibility requirements:
- 18 years or older.
- resident of the city of Calgary
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret complex municipal bylaws and sections of the Municipal Government Act.
- Experience in quasi-judicial boards or administrative tribunals are an asset.
- Strong listening skills and verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to be open-minded and objective and respectful of the opinions of others.
- Ability to consider appeals based on facts and governing legislation using good analytical skills and without bias.
- Ability to work with the Chair and Board Members in a collaborative manner.
- The term is one year.
- When required, meetings are held monthly during business hours.
- Board members are expected to read the hearing materials prior to the meetings.
- Training is coordinated and provided by the Appeal Board Administration and the Board Solicitor.
Remuneration and expenses are payable to members of the Board under provisions of the LCSAB Bylaw. More information about remuneration can be obtained by contacting the Appeal Boards Coordinator or the Manager of Quasi-Judicial Boards.
Interested applicants must submit a completed application form. Complete applications include your answers to questions related to education, professional, community and volunteer experience. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Applicants may be requested to submit to a interview. Please contact 403-268-5888 with questions.
Please mark applications "Licence and Community Standards Appeal Board".
||8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Calgary Quasi-Judicial Boards
4th floor, 1212 – 31 Ave N.E.
Calgary, AB, T2E 7S8
|Calgary Quasi-Judicial Boards (#8110)|
City of Calgary
P.O. Box 2100, Postal Station "M"
Calgary, AB T2P 2M5
Applications are being accepted until 4:30 p.m. October 4, 2016.