"Serving Council, the Corporation and citizens in accordance with legislation and through innovative excellence in local government"
In accordance with the Municipal Government Act and other legislation, The City Clerk's Office serves The Corporation of The City of Calgary and its citizens by:
- Carrying out the duties of Corporate Secretary, which is a designated officer position;
- Recording the decisions of Council and its committees;
- Ensuring security and maintenance of the corporate record;
- Providing access to council and archival records as part of the records management function;
- Conducting census, enumeration and election functions;
- Acting as the Clerk of the Assessment Review Board,; and
- Acting as "The Head" for The City for the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP).
The City Clerk’s Office provides leadership in delivering open, accessible, and impartial government to Calgarians, Council and the Corporation. Learn more about the achievements and goals of the City Clerk’s Office in the2014 Annual Report.
Live mobile streaming for Council and Committee meetings available
Stream Live Council and Committee meetings right to your mobile device. Streaming is compatible with iOS, Android, Windows and Blackberry devices. Click here to start a mobile stream.
A New Council and Bylaw Search function is available and enhances the search for Council records between 1969 and November 2010 and all City Bylaws since 1884. Access the search function directly here or on the ELMs page.
Members of the public are welcome to attend regular meetings of Council, which are generally held on the first and third Mondays of the month at 9:30 a.m. View the full Council Calendar for more information.
Council and Committee agendas, minutes and videos for meetings that have occurred since October 31, 2010 can be viewed on The City’s new Electronic Legislative Management Solution web page. A search tips page is available to assist you in using the search function to locate information as quickly as possible.
Assistive Listening Devices and free wireless internet access are available at all City Council Meetings and all Committees Meetings held in the Engineering Traditions Committee Room. For additional information please contact the City Clerk's Office at 403-268-5861.