The Corporate Secretariat
is housed in the City Manager’s Office. Its role is to support Council on governance matters and act as a liaison between Council and its wholly-owned subsidiaries.
The City is the sole shareholder of a number of subsidiary corporations, including:
• Attainable Homes Calgary Corporation
• Calgary Arts Development Authority Ltd.
• Calgary Economic Development Ltd.
• Calhome Properties Ltd. (“Calgary Housing Company”)
• Calgary Municipal Land Corporation
• ENMAX Corporation
*Although it is not a separate legal entity, The City has a unique relationship with the Calgary Parking Authority that is similar to The City’s relationship with the subsidiaries above.
This site provides Council and its subsidiaries information about the governance framework, model documents, and best practices.
For more information on the Corporate Secretariat, please call 403-268-5631.