A preview of the business plans that become part of Action Plan are presented in Standing Policy Committee (SPC) meetings and other Committees of Council. Information about the Committees can be viewed online.
These presentations provide an update for Council on the state of the proposed plans, and bridge the gap between the approval of rates and Council Priorities, and the public release and deliberation of business plans and budgets in November 2014. They are a high-level overview of draft business plans highlighting how the department and other partners are proposing to meet Council Priorities within the parameters set by Council. Highlights of the presentation include:
- high level outcomes,
- strategies and performance measures, and
- information on how engagement results are being reflected in the plans.
Presentations give Council the opportunity to understand and reflect upon Administration’s rationale and proposed plans.
Detailed budget information is not included in the presentation, as the focus is on the proposed department business plan. Capital and operating budget information will be included in the business plans and budgets that Council will deliberate in November 2014.
Presentations and Schedule
- September 3, 2014: Civic Partners; Calgary Public Library; Calgary Telus Convention Centre; Calgary Technologies; Tourism Calgary; Aero Space Museum; Calgary Centre for Performing Arts; Calgary Economic Development; Calgary Zoo; Fort Calgary; Heritage Park; Talisman Centre; TELUS Spark; Parks Foundation; Calgary Arts Development Authority
- September 5, 2014: Calgary Police Services and Community Services & Protective Services
- September 10, 2014: Planning, Development & Assessment
- September 11, 2014: City Auditors
- September 16, 2014: Action Plan update, Corporate Administration
- September 17, 2014: Corporate Services, Utilities & Environmental Protection
- September 19, 2014: Transportation and Calgary Parking Authority