What we do
Transportation provides a safe, customer-focused and efficient system that provides a variety of transportation choices to move people and goods in an economically and environmentally sustainable manner. Together the department plans, designs, builds, operates and maintains local transportation networks and services that support all modes of travel. This includes pedestrian, cycling and transit facilities, major roads, expressways and interchanges with the future in mind. Transportation monitors and forecasts travel demand, promotes sustainable urban development and promotes transit, carpooling, working from home, walking and cycling to ease traffic volume growth.
Transportation capital projects are prioritized through the collection and analysis of travel information, citizen engagement and collaboration with partners (including the Calgary Parking Authority and the Government of Alberta). Project management excellence is demonstrated by delivering projects on time, on budget and with high quality standards.
Approved Transportation Business Plan and Budget
Transportation business units
- Calgary Transit (CT)
- Transportation Infrastructure (TI)
- Transportation Planning (TP)
What services do we provide?
- Business & Technical Support
- CTrain & Bus Service
- Fleet & Infrastructure Management
- Major Transportation Capital Projects
- Optimizing & Improving Transportation Choice
- Roadway & Bridge Infrastructure
- Service Planning & Customer Service
- Sidewalks & Bikeways
- Snow & Ice Control & Street Sweeping
- Specialized Transit for Persons with Disabilities
- Traffic Control & Lighting
- Transportation Monitoring, Forecasting & Reporting
- Transportation Planning Policy
Proposed Transportation Business Plan and Budget
September 2014 Draft Business Plan Presentations