What we do
Community Services & Protective Services (CSPS) aligns with The City of Calgary vision by contributing to making Calgary a great place to make a life.
CSPS enhances quality of life in Calgary by working together to create and sustain a vibrant, healthy, safe and caring community with Calgarians. The outcomes of the work completed in CSPS include: community well-being; public safety; great public spaces and a healthy natural environment; a thriving community and business climate; and safe and accessible, active mobility.
CSPS delivers a broad array of social, recreation and leisure programs as well as provides accessible natural areas and green spaces to promote active lifestyles, wellness, inclusive communities and vibrant neighbourhoods. CSPS preserves and enhances public safety through education programs and services, enforcement and emergency and disaster response systems. CSPS collaboratively develops and maintains community and business standards that reflect the values of Calgarians.
The departments' programs, services and response systems are delivered through the CS&PS business units. CSPS works across and beyond The Corporation to develop partnerships with community, social and recreation agencies, Civic Partners, provincial and federal departments and emergency management agencies to expand and enhance services to citizens. CSPS currently has 14 Civic Partners, and hundreds of other partner organizations.
Tax Supported Net Operating Budget 2015-2016
2015-2019 Capital Plan: $1.012 million
CSPS business units
- Animal & Bylaw Services (ABS)
- Calgary Fire Department (FIRE)
- Community & Neighbourhood Services (CNS)
- Parks (PRK)
- Public Safety Communications (PSC)
- Recreation (REC)
CS&PS aligns with all five Council Priorities.
Services we provide
- City Wide Parks Services
- Community & Strategic Services
- Community Partnerships
- Community Programs & Services
- Community Social Development
- Compliance Services
- Customer & Business Services
- Departmental Strategic Services
- Emergency Management, Planning & Preparedness
- Emergency Response & Fire Fighting
- Emergency Response Vehicles, Facilities & Equipment
- Facility Development & Management
- Fire, Life Safety, & Investigations
- Golf Course Operations
- Operations: Animal & General Bylaw Services
- Parks Operations
- Parks Pathway
- Parks Urban Forestry
- Planning & Developing the Parks System
- Planning, Risk Analysis, & Performance Management
- Public Safety Communications Commander's Office
- Recreation Asset Management
- Recreation Facilities, Products & Services
- Shelter Operations
- Specialized Support Services
- Sport & Culture Sector Development
- Strategy & Partnerships
Read the complete 2015 – 2018 business plans and budgets.