Calgarians who participated in the Action Plan engagement provided their feedback to consider. The input gathered covers a wide-array of opinions and ideas, several key themes emerged throughout all engagement streams and revealed some consistent priorities.
- An efficient and reliable public transit network was identified as a top priority consistently across engagement input streams.
- Emerged as a priority across input streams expressed as impacting everything from cost of living, to social isolation, to job talent attraction.
- While public transit emerged as a priority on its own, it is clear that how Calgarians get around is a top-of-mind priority.
Other Community/ Urban Planning
- Community safety, local parks and amenities, and urban sprawl were commonly recurring topics.
- There was an expressed desire for improved demonstration of spending efficiencies in municipal service delivery.
Taxes/ Tax Rates
- There was an expressed preference to maintain service levels, even if accompanied by tax rate increases. There was also recognition that property taxes could be a burden to those with lower or fixed incomes.