What is the City of Calgary Action Plan 2015-2018?
The City of Calgary Action Plan is a year-long process during which citizens, City Council and City staff establish our future direction and find the right balance between investing in quality public service and keeping tax rates affordable.
It's more than a review of our municipal purpose; it's a big conversation about serving a great city.
Action Plan includes four key areas of activity:
- Council Priorities: goals and priorities set by City Council establish strategic direction for 2015-2018.
- Departmental Business Plans: City Administration implements Council's direction by creating strategies, actions and targets.
- Budgets: City budgets include revenues (i.e. tax rates, utility rates and user fees) and spending for both operating and capital budgets.
- Citizen Engagement: Council uses the input received from citizens to assist in decisions being made on priorities, business plans and budgets.
Action Plan (definition)
A sequence of steps that must be taken, or activities that must be performed well, for a strategy to succeed.
(1) Specific tasks: what will be done.
(2) Time horizon: when will it be done.
(3) Resource allocation: what funds are available.