The following information is for City project managers and consultants preparing construction tenders on behalf of The City of Calgary.
Guidelines for the preparation of tender documents for construction projects
All City construction tender packages including tender documents, plans and drawings must be prepared in accordance with The City of Calgary's Guidelines for the Preparation of Tender Documents for Construction Projects.
Standard general conditions
New Construction Templates
The City has been working with internal and external stakeholders to develop and pilot a new suite of construction procurement documents.
As the documents are finalized, we will release samples to internal and external stakeholders for information.
Projects currently underway will continue on the old documents. The transition from old to new documents will continue until the end of 2016, at which time we will stop using the old documents.
The first documents to be released include:
Future construction procurement documents in development include:
Request for Standing Offer Construction
Request for Proposals Non-Binding Design/Build Construction
Front end documents and forms
Instructions for using The City's Front End Documents and Forms are detailed in Guidelines for the Preparation of Tender Documents for Construction Projects (above).
It is the responsibility of The City project manager or consultant to assemble the tender package and provide completed copies of all of the front end documents and forms listed below.
- 01 List of Contents
- 02 Notice - updated Aug. 21, 2015
- 03 Form of Tender - updated Aug. 21, 2015
- 04 Special Conditions of Tender - updated Aug. 21, 2015
- 05 Detailed Specifications of Tender
- 06 Drawings
- 07 Price Detail Sheets / Schedules
- 08A Deletions to Contract - updated Aug. 21, 2015
- 08B Additions to Contract - updated Aug. 21, 2015
- 09 Summary for Form of Tender - updated Aug. 21, 2015
- 10 Summary for Form of Tender – Alternate Bid - updated Aug. 21, 2015
- 11 Bidders Information Sheets - updated Aug. 21, 2015
- 12 Contractor Environmental Acknowledgement Form - updated Aug. 21, 2015
- 13 Prime Contractor Management Status
- 14 Bid Bond
- 15A Consent of Surety to Furnish Contract Performance Bond
- 15B Consent of Surety to Furnish Contract Performance and Labour and Material Bond
- 16A Contract Performance Bond
- 16B Labour and Material Performance Bond
- 17 Waiver Form - updated Aug. 21, 2015
- 18 Memorandum of Agreement – Sample Only
For more information about preparing construction tenders contact:
Geoff Gilbert, Senior Buyer