An invoice is any bill received from a City of Calgary business unit, not including property or business tax.
- Payment is due within 30 days from date of mailing of invoice.
- Interest of 1.5% per month will be charged on any unpaid balance.
- Cheques not honoured by your financial institution will be subject to applicable service charges.
Methods of payment
To pay all invoices from The City of Calgary, please use one the following methods of payment.
At most financial institutions
Via ATM or in person; Payments can be made at most chartered banks, trust companies, credit unions, and Alberta Treasury Branches. If you pay by ATM, keep your receipt as proof of the date and time of payment. There may be a bank service charge.
Pay in person
Cashiers temporary relocation
The City's Cashiers in the Calgary Municipal Building, 800 Macleod Trail S.E., between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday. Interac debit card service is available.
Between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday, at the Tax Advisory Services Centre, 3rd floor, Calgary Municipal Building only.
24-hour deposit box
Located on the east side of the Municipal Building, 3 Street S.E.
- Be aware of the date your payment is due. Current dated payments made via deposit box will be processed and effective the next business day.
- Use cheque or money order (not cash).
- Cheques must be dated for the due date or earlier.
- Enclose the remittance portion of your invoice and write your invoice number on your cheque.
Pay by mail
- Send a cheque or money order payable to "The City of Calgary."
- Write your customer number and/or invoice number on the cheque and enclose the return portion of your invoice.
- Do not send cash.
The City of Calgary
Attn: Chief Cashier 8042
P.O. Box 2100, Station M
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
From your online banking options, choose payee:
- CALGARY (CITY OF) – CORPORATE INVOICE
- CITY OF CALGARY – CORPORATE INV.
For account number, please enter the Customer Number (e.g. 8-digit customer number starting with ‘1’) located on the top right-hand corner of The City of Calgary invoice.