This Zero-Based Review is investigating 3 opportunities:
- Service levels for Wastewater - determining how to optimize capital investment through a greater understanding of the appropriate levels of service to deliver for Wastewater.
- Review of capital delivery - how to ensure efficient and effective delivery of capital projects.
- Data management and analytics - what data management tool and techniques and analytics should be developed and used to support decision-making in the other two areas.
Scottish Water International (SWI) was the successful proponent and is currently developing business cases and recommendations for efficiency and effectiveness improvements. A presentation of results is expected in early Summer 2016.
About Water Resources
The Water Utilities (Water Resources and Water Services) manage the quality and delivery of Calgary's water supply - from the river, to our taps and back to the river. The Water Utilities protect public health and the environment through conservation and watershed management; delivering a clean and reliable supply of water; collecting and treating wastewater; managing stormwater; and meeting regulatory requirements.
Water Resources oversees the management of water resources and plans and builds infrastructure, which involves asset management and investment activities.
Services being reviewed include:
- Maintain or improve levels of service through the effective management of infrastructure
- Protect public health and meet environmental commitments
- Support the needs of a growing city and region
- Ensure a well run Water business
- Provide a financial return to The City of Calgary