This policy provides opportunities for temporary display of achievements of our city’s culture and heritage in the Municipal Complex in balance with the primary use of the space.
- Any individual or organization may submit an application proposing the temporary display of a commemoration in the Municipal Complex in accordance with the policy.
- The City of Calgary will not consider applications that are contrary to Canadian federal or provincial laws, municipal bylaws or policies.
- Approved commemorations may be displayed in the Municipal Complex for up to one year.
Review, Evaluation and Recommendation
- Within 90 days of the application close date, City Administration will submit to Council a report with recommendations on whether to approve applications to display commemorations in the Municipal Complex.
- Final approvals remain with Council.
- Applicants will be notified of the status of their application following Council’s decision.
- Successful applicants will be provided with the contact information of the facility operator to coordinate the installation of the commemoration in the Municipal Complex.
- Successful applicants are responsible for the costs of the display, ceremony and the manufacture and installation of approved commemorations
- Successful applicants maintain ownership of the commemoration.
- The City of Calgary is responsible for security and maintaining the commemoration while on display in the Municipal Complex.
- Successful applicants are responsible for the costs associated with the removal of the commemoration at the end of the approved display period.