Applicants may submit an application to temporarily display a commemoration in the Municipal Complex between October 1 and November 15 annually.
Review the Municipal Complex Commemoration Policy and determine whether your proposal applies under this policy.
Complete a typed letter of application describing the subject of the commemoration, with the following information :
- Short title that describes the event, individual or group proposed for the commemoration
- A statement identifying the relevance and significance of the contribution made to Calgary’s culture and heritage
- Detailed description of the commemoration display
- Include drawings and/or photos of the proposed display
- A statement, in the form of a story, that would be displayed with the proposed commemoration while in the Municipal Complex
- Reference material (i.e. articles, photographs or testimonials regarding the subject of the proposed commemoration) and other supporting evidence explaining why the commemoration should be displayed in the Municipal Complex
- A proposed date for a commemoration ceremony if the application proposes the commemoration of an anniversary of a significant event.
Requirements for the Application:
- A letter of application must not exceed 15 single-sided pages (including photos)
- Do not include weblinks or URLs as reference material. If necessary, print the webpage or article and include as part of your supporting evidence.
- Cerloxed or bound presentation folders are not accepted (applications will be reproduced for the review and evaluation process)
- Letters of Applications are not returned.
Complete the Application Cover Form and attach to the front of your letter of application. Applications will not be processed without this form.
Application packages may be submitted between October 1 and November 15 annually. We regret that applications received outside of these dates will not be considered. Applications packages may be submitted to:
Municipal Complex Commemoration Application
c/o Director’s Office
Facility Management (#8052)
The City of Calgary
9th Floor, 800 MacLeod Trail SE