Are you looking for an exciting work environment that also promotes a work / life balance? Are you ready to join a team of highly-skilled technicians to ensure The City has the vehicles, equipment and operators ready to serve the citizens of Calgary? The City of Calgary, Fleet Services
, hires Automotive Service Technicians to inspect, maintain and repair a wide variety of automotive, light and medium duty cars and trucks with gas or diesel engines.
What are the requirements?
Certification required as an Automotive Service Technician recognized by Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training (AIT). High School Diploma or equivalency (e.g. GED) is required. A valid Class 5 Driver’s license with no more than six demerits and have the ability to obtain:
- A standard set of mechanic hand tools.
- Use of computerized laptop diagnostic programs.
- Ability to write clear and concise work order reports.
- You must also have the ability to obtain:
- Alberta Class 3 Driver’s Licence (or provincial equivalent)
- City of Calgary operator’s permit
- Commercial Vehicle Inspection Program (CVIP) licence to complete and sign off Government paperwork for CVIP vehicles.
Light Fleet section of Manchester Centre shop
What are some benefits of working for Fleet Services?
- Generous hourly rate
- 40 hour work week options (days, evenings, weekends)
- No flat rate structure
- Tool and boot allowance
- Modern, fully equipped 17 Bay facility located in Manchester including a wash bay and a wheel alignment rack
- Free parking
- Friendly atmosphere
- Onsite fitness facilities and annual health assessment
- Secure employment
How do I apply to work for Fleet Services?