Are you looking for an exciting work environment that also promotes a work / life balance? Are you ready to join a team of highly-skilled technicians to ensure The City has the vehicles, equipment and operators ready to serve the citizens of Calgary? The City of Calgary, Fleet Services, hires Heavy Equipment Technicians to inspect, maintain and repair a wide variety of medium/heavy trucks equipped with gas or diesel engines and automatic transmissions.
What are the requirements?
- Certification required as a Heavy Equipment Technician or equivalent interprovincial Red Seal recognized by Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training (AIT).
- High School Diploma or equivalency (e.g. GED) is required
- A valid Class 5 Driver’s license with no more than six demerits and have the ability to obtain:
- A standard set of mechanic hand tools.
- Use of computerized laptop diagnostic programs.
- Ability to write clear and concise work order reports.
You must also have the ability to obtain:
- Alberta Class 3 Driver’s Licence (or provincial equivalent) with an air brake
Heavy Equipment section of Manchester Centre shop
- Commercial Vehicle Inspection Program (CVIP) licence to complete and sign off Government paperwork for CVIP vehicles.
- City of Calgary operator’s permit
What are some benefits of working for Fleet Services?
In addition to comprehensive City of Calgary employee benefits, we offer:
- Modern, fully equipped shop environments
- 6 different satellite offices (work close to home)
- Free parking
- 40 hour work week options (days, evenings, weekends)
- Friendly atmosphere
- Skill development and technical training
- Tool and boot allowance
- Onsite fitness facilities and annual health assessment
- Annual health subsidy
How do I apply to work for Fleet Services?
Apply online at Calgary.ca/careers.
Those individuals who meet the minimum qualifications will be invited to an Open House, which includes a tour of Fleet Services’ maintenance facilities – an opportunity for some “face time”.