Did you know that ...
- during our peak operating hours we have approximately 700 buses on the road, and
- there is approximately 50 kilometres of track and with the completion of two upcoming projects there will be approximately 60 kilometres of track in total?
The following are some examples of the skills we are looking for:
- valid class 5 driver's licence (or provincial equivalent).
- a clean driving abstract (no more than 3 demerits taken).
- valid air brakes endorsement.
- previous experience operating large vehicles.
- excellent command of the English language, both verbal and written.
*The hiring process takes about 8 weeks to complete.
Transit operators' …
- work in a positive, safe work environment.
- work involves shift work and is assigned by seniority: split shifts, day shifts, night shifts, evenings and weekends.
Have the potential to move up into a relief position in operational areas such as:
- operations supervisor
- operations controller
Other jobs in transit are …
- transit planners
- call centre representatives
- customer service agents
- public safety and enforcement officers
- heavy duty mechanics and electro mechanics
- service lane attendants
- community shuttle operator
- electro mechanic
- journeyman autobodyman
- transit scheduler
- truck and transit mechanic
Would working for The City 'work' for you?