The Legal Survey Fabric (LSF) comprises property-based information regarding tentative, preliminary and registered plans within the City of Calgary. As a site map, the LSF digital map products provide a complete picture of legal parcel information to assist architects, builders, and developers in the planning process.
The LSF provides point, line and topology features, including
- Registered plan number and shape
- Block numbers, Lot numbers and linework
- Legal dimensions & Street names
- Easements & Utility rights of way
Purchase area-specific LSF mapping products using CITYonline's Map Search Tool
- Use the tool bar tool Draw a Polygon to Digitize an area. Or Use the Select tool to highlight specific layer element, e.g. communities boundaries, ATS sections, etc.
- Click Download>Standard Spatial Data by Polygon or > Custom Spatial Data by Polygon choose Output Data Format and Coordinate system, then Add to Cart.
It is extracted and converted into various digital spatial and tabular file formats on a citywide or section-by-section basis.
- LSF data is used to establish the location of utilities or infrastructure in relation to property.
- Survey & Development companies use the LSF to locate cadastral pins when they are out in the field.
- Utility companies use it to determine the locations of easements and rights-of-ways in which to locate their lines.
- Detailed information on lot lines, utility rights-of-way, lot block, and plan information and lot dimensions
- Accurate and reliable – updated on a regular basis by The City of Calgary
- Efficient – licensing process completed in minutes rather than days
- All are sold by section
- Immediate download available from CITYonline
Plan, block and lot information, derived from legal plan documents, is placed at proper cartographic standards according to existing service level agreements.