The Ownership Parcel Fabric (OPF) provides a spatial and database representation of the ownership and address information for all registered titled parcels or unregistered (Approved Tentative) parcels within Calgary city limits. Features include parcel shapes, addresses and areas as well as base data such as plan, block and lot numbers and street names.
OPF is derived from Legal Survey Fabric (LSF) files in conjunction with instrument documents from the Alberta Land Titles office. The information in these files includes address, municipal address, street names, parcel type (reserve, residential, school), and detailed site information.
In the case of more complex parcels such as campuses, residential developments and shopping centres, site details are added to provide detailed locations.
Purchase area-specific DAS OPF mapping products using CITYonline's Map Search Tool by:
- Use the tool bar tool Draw a Polygon to Digitize an area. Or Use the Select tool to highlight specific layer element, e.g. communities boundaries, ATS sections, etc.
- Click Download>Standard Spatial Data by Polygon or > Custom Spatial Data by Polygon choose Output Data Format and Coordinate system, then Add to Cart.
Note: While OPF files are derived from Legal Survey Fabric (LSF) files, they contain the additional depiction of:
- Private ownership of parcels
- Addresses, street name and numbers.
- Graphically outlined boundaries indicated with municipal addresses.
*Utility right of ways, cadastral stations, legal dimensions and lot lines are not included in OPF files.
- Utility companies
- Assessment customers
- Charitable organizations (e.g. planning canvassing routes)
- Realtors (e.g. a timely and convenient way to find address information)
OPF digital maps give you current information (lot dimensions and parcel layout) for City of Calgary areas that are under development to assist in the planning and building process
- Detailed information on lot lines, utility rights-of-way, lot block, and plan information and lot dimensions
- Accurate and reliable – updated on a regular basis by The City of Calgary
- Efficient – licensing process completed in minutes rather than days
- All are sold by section
- Immediate download available from CITYonline