To inquire about leasing a property, please read the FAQs and then click the link below
Property Leasing Inquiry
- How do I find out if City Property is available for lease?
All Real Estate properties and land available for lease are listed on the Corporate Properties & Building’s Real Estate Services Leasing website.
How do I lease a City Property?
You will need to fill out a City of Calgary 311 Property Inquiry Form and include the following information:
- The address and a map (in JPEG format) of the area of the property you are interested in. Our Property Leasing Inquiry online tool has a built-in Google Map to locate the address.
- Type of property options are: Commercial Property, Industrial Property or Residential Property. If you are unsure of the use, leave this section blank
- Under Additional Comments, include the reason you would like to lease the property.
- Please indicate if you own adjacent land.
- Don’t forget your contact information
The information on the Property Leasing Inquiry is collected under the authority of section 33 (c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purposes of responding to your inquiry with The City of Calgary. It is protected by the privacy provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
What happens after my "Property Leasing Inquiry" is submitted?
You will hear from a City representative within seven business days of submitting a property leasing inquiry. They will confirm that the property leasing inquiry was received and they will inform you of the next steps.
What if I am interested in leasing in an area of interest without a specific address?
To submit a property leasing inquiry, you must provide an address, adjacent address or intersection to the area you are interested in. We suggest using public map search engines (e.g. Google Map, Bing Map, and MapQuest) available online. You need to have an address, an adjacent address, or intersection with details stating the specific area of interest.
- Our 311 Online Service Request for property leasing inquiry has a built-in Google map to help you to verify the address of your area of interest.
For leasing, please review the leasing process to see the steps necessary to negotiate a mutually acceptable lease with the City of Calgary
If you have read the information above, click the PROPERTY LEASING INQUIRY button below to submit a 311 online service request.
Property Leasing Inquiry