Step 1: Purchase
- Visit The City's Real Estate website to review all listings
- Select a listing or specific parcel of city-owned land for sale to review all details including zoning and building terms.
- Contact the Real Estate Sales Negotiator identified in the listing information.
- If a property you are interested in is not listed, initiate a circulation request.
Step 2: Submission
- Submit the Purchaser Application Form attached within the relevant listing.
- Make sure you meet the Application Deadline, where applicable.
Step 3: Review
- All applications are reviewed within the Real Estate & Development Services (RE&DS) following the application deadline.
- The successful applicant is contacted by the Sales Negotiator. Negotiations regarding the purchase price and other terms and conditions of the sale can then occur.
- Unsuccessful applicants will be notified.
Step 4: Approval
- The real estate transaction is brought forward for Corporate Approval as per the Real Property Bylaw 52M2009.
- Modifications to the transaction may be made during the approval process. The successful applicant will be notified of such modifications.
Step 5: Agreement
- Negotiations are finalized and agreements are executed.
- The purchaser can apply for required permits to begin construction.
Step 6: Post-closing obligations
- If applicable, the Real Estate & Development Services will complete any specific servicing needs required.
- It is expected that the purchaser will, when and where applicable, comply with the Architectural Review process.
- RE&DS monitors the purchaser's on-going construction progress to ensure
the building commitment is being met.
- If applicable, Finder's Fees for a property sale,
or a sale referral, are calculated and paid.