Cancelling an existing cat or dog licence
If you have moved out of the city, or your cat or dog has died or was given away, please contact Animal & Bylaw Services to cancel the licence. This helps The City keep updated records and prevents unnecessary licence renewal notices from being delivered to you.
Cancelling a licence if your pet has died or you have moved
If your pet has died, or if you have moved away from the city, please cancel your licence by doing one of the following:
- Fill out out the Animal Licence Information Change form and in the "Comments" section state that you need to cancel the licence, and give the proper reason.
- Call 3-1-1 (from within Calgary) or 403-268-CITY (2489) (from outside Calgary).
- Indicate on your Animal Licence Certificate or Invoice , that you need to cancel your pet's licence, state the reason, and mail or fax it to the address below.
Cancelling a licence if your pet was given away
If you gave your pet away, please notify Animal & Bylaw Services of this transfer of ownership by doing one of the following:
- Visit the Animal Services Centre at 2201 Portland Street S.E. to fill out a New Owner Declaration form.
- Complete the back of your Animal Licence Certificate and returning it to the address below.
- Write a letter specifying the circumstances, the cat or dog's licence number and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of both the old and new owners, then send it to the address below.
Animal & Bylaw Services
Box 2100 Station M, #36