Concerns regarding animals
Animal & Bylaw Services responds to concerns regarding animals. If you have a concern or a complaint about an animal in the city of Calgary please refer to the following pages:
To register a complaint
If you would like to register a complaint against a cat or dog, please call 3-1-1 (from within Calgary) or 403-268-CITY (2489) (from outside Calgary), or submit a complaint online.
Please be prepared to provide the following information:
- Your name, address, and home and business telephone numbers
- The location, date and time of the incident
- The current location of the animal, if known
- Brief details of the incident, including names and telephone numbers of any witnesses
- The cat or dog's breed, size and colour
- Any identifying features of the animal, such as collars or markings
- Where the cat or dog lives and/or who the owner is, if known
To aid 3-1-1 and assist Animal & Bylaw Services staff to respond faster, please be ready to describe your complaint briefly and concisely. This information will remain confidential. No anonymous complaints will be accepted - you must identify yourself to the 3-1-1 call-taker.
For general information and comments
To contact Animal & Bylaw Services for general information, questions or comments please call 3-1-1 (from within Calgary) or 403-268-CITY (2489) (from outside Calgary).