Share this page Print

Concerns regarding animals

Animal & Bylaw Services responds to concerns regarding animals. If you have a concern or a complaint about an animal in the city of Calgary please refer to the following pages:

To register a complaint

If you would like to register a complaint against a cat or dog, please call 3-1-1 (from within Calgary) or 403-268-CITY (2489) (from outside Calgary).

Please be prepared to provide the following information:

  • Your name, address, and home and business telephone numbers
  • The location, date and time of the incident
  • The current location of the animal, if known
  • Brief details of the incident, including names and telephone numbers of any witnesses
  • The cat or dog's breed, size and colour
  • Any identifying features of the animal, such as collars or markings
  • Where the cat or dog lives and/or who the owner is, if known

To aid 3-1-1 and assist Animal & Bylaw Services staff to respond faster, please be ready to describe your complaint briefly and concisely. This information will remain confidential. No anonymous complaints will be accepted - you must identify yourself to the 3-1-1 call-taker.

For general information and comments

To contact Animal & Bylaw Services for general information, questions or comments please call 3-1-1 (from within Calgary) or 403-268-CITY (2489) (from outside Calgary).