Steps you need to take before your pet has surgery
- We recommend that you have your pet vaccinated at least two weeks prior to your appointment, to protect your pet from any possibility of contracting an illness. Vaccination is recommended, but not mandatory.
- Females must have stopped nursing kittens/puppies for at least four weeks prior to receiving surgery.
- Please arrive with your pet at the Animal Services Centre Clinic between
8 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. the day of the scheduled surgery.
If you do not come within this time period we will not be able to admit your cat or dog for surgery. We have a very strict surgical schedule that must be followed.
- When bringing pets to the clinic, all dogs must be on a leash and all cats must be in individual carriers. Cats that are not confined in proper cat carriers will not be accepted for surgery.
- After surgery, pets must be picked up at the clinic on the day of the surgery, pick up time is 3 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
A fee of $10 per day will be charged to the animal owner for unclaimed animals. Unless otherwise advised, Animal & Bylaw Services will deem animals to be abandoned if left at the clinic after 48 hours.
Contact Animal Services