A Full Service Food Vehicle operator must abide by the operating restrictions outlined in the bylaw. A Full Service Food Vehicle:
- Must not carry on business on private property without obtaining the prior written consent of the property owner.
- May only carry on business between 7:00 a.m. and 3:00 a.m.
- Must not operate within 100 metres of a school property.
- must not operate within 25 metres of an operating restaurant, bar, night club, or take-out food service unless prior written permission is obtained.
- Must not operate in a prohibited zone, as illustrated in these maps.
- Must not carry on business after 10:00 p.m. on 10th Avenue SW between Centre Street and 4th Street SW.
- May not carry on business on any street (along a single block face) that has 2 FSFVs already operating.
An additional permit is required to operate on a street. Truck Permit applications should be made via email to Kathy.Cummer@calgary.ca a minimum of 4 days before the permit is to come into force. Once ready for issue, the applicant will be contacted by phone or email and advised when their permit can be collected from the Traffic Permit Counter at 2808 Spiller Road SE.
Permits are available as follows:
From April 1st – October 31st – Cost $600.00 + GST
Optional Park Plus time limit exemption – Cost $300.00 + GST
From November 1st to March 31st – Cost $100 + GST
Optional Park Plus time limit exemption Cost $50.00 + GST per month
Fees subject to review by the City of Calgary. Payments in full will be required before the permit is issued.
If the applicant chooses the optional ParkPlus Time limit exemption the following conditions will apply:
- Licence plate number will be required.
- The permit holder will pay for the total time the Food Truck is parked in a ParkPlus zone at the machine on street.
- The vehicle identified on the permit is exempt from the maximum time limit for parking (e.g. 1 hour, 2 hour) indicated on a street sign within ParkPlus zones in the City of Calgary.
- Notwithstanding the above, the duration of stay is restricted to a maximum of five hours at any one location.
- It is the responsibility of the permit holder to notify any changes to vehicle details or license plate immediately. Contact: Kathy.Cummer@calgary.ca
The ParkPlus Time Limit Exemption Permit can be requested through the Roads permit office (email Kathy.Cummer@calgary.ca)
Food trucks at Calgary Transit Park and Ride Stations
Food Trucks are permitted in all Calgary Transit Park and Ride lots. Vendors may park in any space where parking is permitted. Vendors may not use a reserved parking space within the period when use of these spaces is restricted - currently on weekdays from 2:00 am to 10:00 am.
Please note that operations within Calgary Transit Park and Ride lots shall not inhibit the movement of pedestrians or vehicles from safe and easy entry and exit. Operation at pick up and drop off areas is prohibited.