Our 14th annual Safety Expo will be held on March 8 and 9, 2017. Each year we host grade 5 & 6 students in collaboration with community, not-for-profit and corporate organizations, in order to provide students with a fun-filled educational experience centered around safety.
What is Safety Expo?
Safety Expo is a community education and prevention program delivered as part of our commitment to public safety. This event is in support of Council’s vision for inspiring, safe neighbourhoods. Our goal is for citizens to actively share in the responsibility for individual and community safety.
Through Safety Expo, students learn about safety hazards at home, school and play. They learn ways to protect themselves from vulnerable situations and how to stay safe online. With presentations on anti-bullying and information on ways they can positively influence their communities, students are given opportunities to learn about social responsibility.
These lessons (as well as many others) are delivered through fun, interactive displays and workshops, all of which meet the requirements of the Alberta Education Health and Wellness curriculum.
Safety Expo 2017 will be held on March 8 and 9, 2017.
Registration for Safety Expo 2017
Exhibitor registration is open from December 1, 2016 to January 31, 2017.
- There is no cost to be an exhibitor or have a booth at the event
- Safety Expo 2017 Alberta Curriculum guideline for exhibitors
- Exhibitor List for City of Calgary Safety Expo 2016 (*new exhibitors in 2016):
- AEDARSA - AB Elevating Devices & Amusement Ride Safety
- Alberta Health Services, Calgary Metro EMS
- Alberta Motor Association
- Alberta Off-Highway Vehicle Association
- ATCO Gas
- Blackline Safety*
- Calgary Crime Stoppers Association
- Calgary Police Service
- Calgary Search & Rescue Association*
- Canadian Pacific Railway
- Canadian Red Cross - Respect Education
- ENMAX Corporation
- Federation of Calgary Communities
- Girl Guides of Canada - Calgary Area Council
- Health Canada Consumer Product Safety Program
- Kids Help Phone*
- Kinetic Medical Inc.*
- Pass Fire Extinguisher Training*
- SOUTHLAND Transportation Ltd.
- The City of Calgary 9-1-1
- The City of Calgary AfterSchool
- The City of Calgary Bicycle Program*
- The City of Calgary Community Standards
- The City of Calgary Fire Department
- The City of Calgary Fleet Services Driving Simulator*
- The City of Calgary Inspections & Permit Services*
- The City of Calgary Recreation (Helmet Safety)*
- The City of Calgary Recreation (Water Safety)
- The City of Calgary Roads
- The City of Calgary Transit Public Safety and Enforcement
- The War Amps
- Triple Fox Energy Services Ltd.*
- YouthLink Calgary Police Interpretive Centre
Volunteer registration is open from January 16 to February 24, 2017.
The Safety Expo Planning Committee will accept volunteer applications from City of Calgary staff, Red Cross employees and staff from ENMAX. Volunteers must:
Volunteer applications will be accepted from Calgarians with the following qualifications:
Apply to volunteer
After your application has been approved, you will be provided access to sign up directly for shifts with varying roles and times.
Other registration dates
School registration: October 3 to November 11, 2016
Exhibitor registration: December 1, 2016 to January 31, 2017
Volunteer registration: January 16 to February 24, 2017
Safety Expo Partners
The City has led the Safety Expo organizing committee for the past five years, in collaboration with representatives from the following organizations.
Calgary Safety Expo is a unique opportunity for organizations to show their commitment to safety and dedication to teaching students about potential safety hazards at home, school and play.