A Volunteer Opportunity
The Youth Advisory Committee is now recruiting for 2016-2017!
- The City of Calgary Youth Employment Centre (YEC) Youth Advisory Committee Member
- Attend & participate in monthly meetings
- Engage in special projects
- Brainstorm and identify employment & career needs of youth
- Problem solve with group to improve the Youth Employment Centre's services
- Work with YEC staff and other youth
- Participate in skills development and training
- City of Calgary, Youth Employment Centre located at: (2nd floor) 315 10th Avenue S.E.
- The Youth Advisory Committee runs September 2016-June 2017. The committee will meet up to two Wednesdays each month from 4:30-6pm. Participants should expect to spend approximately 5-7 hours per month attending meetings or working on special projects.
Related Skills and Interests
- Career Development
- Employment Skills
- Peer Support
- Leadership Development
Requirements & Certifications:
- Between 15 & 24 years of age
- Desire to improve employment services for youth in the Calgary area
- Willingness to volunteer a minimum of 5 hours a month, attend meetings regularly and participate in special projects as needed
- A screening interview will be conducted for all potential volunteers. Including reference checks.
- No previous experience necessary
- Committee members will receive on the job training, orientation, and ongoing support
- Develop communication, teamwork, and leadership skills
- Network with others
- Enhance & expand your resume
- Gain valuable Volunteer experience
- Opportunity to share your thoughts and ideas!
How to Apply
If you would like to apply, or find out more information about this opportunity, click on the following link. You will be redirected to the Nextsteps.org website:
Youth Advisory Committee