Community & Neighbourhood Services (CNS) is the City of Calgary's business unit tasked with addressing the social needs of the individuals and communities of Calgary. The numbers show we made a great impact in 2012:
- We served 249,067 Calgarians through preventative social and recreation services.
- We served 7,268 children during the critical hours of 3 p.m. and 6 p.m. through the provision of positive social and recreational activities.
- We supported 11,719 Calgarians in navigating City services through the neighbourhood services offices.
- We served 14,108 community residents through the Strong Neighbourhood Initiative.
- We supported over 140 community associations and social recreation groups in the stewardship of capital assets and programs and services.
CNS strengthens individuals and communities to thrive by working strategically and with partners to address social and recreational needs.
Our lines of business
- Facilitates/provides access for individuals, families, and communities to a broad range of social services and recreational opportunities.
- Leverages funding of preventative social services through partnerships and co-operative relationships.
- Supports community-based organizations through consultations, education, referral and advocacy. Provides social research and policy analysis, to guide effective decision-making.