450 Midpark Way S.E.
About the station
This station is part of the Midpark Way Multi-Services Centre, which also houses Animal & Bylaw Services, Emergency Medical Services and the Calgary Police Service. We sevice the communities of Midnapore, Sundance, Chaparral, Fish Creek Park, Legacy, Silverado, Walden and Shawnessy.
- Drop by the station for free blood-pressure and cholesterol screening between 1 and 9 p.m. seven days a week.
- The residential hazardous materials drop-off area is open every day, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- In conjunction with City of Calgary Water Services, industrial, commercial and institutional (ICI) water users may purchase bulk water from our station.
- This station provides free sand for residential use during the winter. Bring your own container and take no more than five pounds of sand at a time. This sand contains four per cent salt.
- Informative station tours are offered to all members of the public and community groups.
- In conjunction with the Calgary Home Builders Association, this station also participates in the annual residential smoke detector program.
The original station was built in 1982 at 271 Midpark Blvd. S.E. in the community of Midnapore, which has since become the Wellness Centre/Recruitment Office. Station No. 26 was relocated to its present site in 2002.