Share this page Print

Fireworks, pyrotechnics and movie special effects

Planning on making a big bang?

The Fire Prevention Bureau controls the permits for all pyrotechnics, display fireworks, special effects for movies and open flames in public places.

The sale and use of all fireworks is regulated within the Calgary by three acts of legislation, including the Alberta Fire Code, City bylaws and federal law.

If you have questions about fireworks, movie special effects or obtaining permits for other pyrotechnic displays, please contact the Fire Prevention Bureau through 311 or 403-268-2489 if calling from outside Calgary.


Building Owner’s Responsibilities for Fire Safety Equipment

CFD Indoor Special Event Requirements​​