In 2009, the Calgary Fire Department opened its Emergency Vehicle and Equipment Maintenance Facility. Located at 1755 – 18th Ave NE, the facility is home to:
- Ten in-ground hoists or lifts, which include safety lock systems;
- Four bays with in-ground pits;
- Four double bays with overhead cranes to facilitate tasks such as aerial engine work or the removal of water tanks;
- Bays equipped with a fall arrest system for those working more than 10-feet above the ground;
- Maintenance shop and supply store.
Calgary Fire Department apparatus and equipment maintained and repaired at the Emergency Vehicle and Equipment Maintenance Facility include:
- 48 pumper/engines;
- 13 aerials;
- 13 emergency / rescue units;
- 9 watercrafts;
- 4 tanker trucks;
- Bronto Skylift; and
- Other support vehicles.