Make sure your car or truck is equipped with emergency supplies.
Follow this handy checklist for setting up your car or truck emergency kit:
- Booster cables
- Extra clothing and footwear
- Fire extinguisher
- First-aid kit with first aid manual
- Flashlight and batteries
- Gas line antifreeze
- Matches and a candle in a tin can to warm hands, heat a drink or use as an emergency light
- Non-perishable high-energy foods such as raisins, nuts and granola bars
- Kitty litter for traction. Sand can also be picked up at designated fire halls.
- Solar, wind-up or battery radio
- Tool kit
- Bottled water
- Warning light and reflectors