Gallery event space in Devonian Gardens
Online application procedure
Applications for Devonian Gardens are submitted with an online form. Customers will receive an email confirming receipt of their application plus an assigned service request number specific to the request. A copy of all information as submitted, as well as useful web links will be included for your reference. Please refer to the booking instructions below.
It is important to review theDevonian Gardens Conditions of Use before booking. Bookings at Devonian Gardens are available on a limited basis in order to balance the demands between public and private functions. Bookings are processed in order they are received and take 6 - 8 weeks to process. Applicants will be contacted after their application is processed.
1. Submit an application
- Applications are accepted first-come, first-served and must be received a minimum of 8 weeks prior to your planned event to allow for processing and approval.
- If route maps or site layouts are required for your event, you must email them to Devonian@calgary.ca. When sending us these maps, please refer to and include the event name. We cannot continue with reserving the space until required route maps and/or site layouts have been received, therefore maps/layouts should be submitted as soon as possible.
- Once all information (completed application and any maps/layouts) is received and availability is confirmed, your event will be tentatively booked, and you will be contacted for payment of a $150 non-refundable administration fee.
- We recommend you submit your application early! If you submit the application eight weeks prior to your event, The City of Calgary will endeavour to issue your permit two weeks before the event. If you require more than two weeks notice of approval or denial prior to your event, you should adjust your submission date accordingly.
2. Your confirmation and payment
- You will be notified by Devonian Gardens staff once your event has been approved or denied.
- The event may be subject to various terms and conditions as determined by Parks.
- Upon approval of you event, you will be contacted to pay in full or set up a payment schedule.
- Automated payments can be set up using Visa, American Express, MasterCard or Cheque and will consist of three payments as follows:
- $150 non-refundable administration fee upon confirmation of booking
- 50% of booking fee due 14 days after payment of administration fee
- Remaining 50% of booking fee due 60 days prior to date of your event.
- Customers opting for scheduled payments by Credit Card will be contacted to obtain the credit card information and will then be emailed their permit.
- Customers opting for scheduled payment by cheque will be emailed their permit as soon as the cheque has been received and payment schedule has been entered.
Cancellations or amendments
- Cancellation requests must be received by Devonian Gardens at Devonian@calgary.ca no later than two months in advance of the rental date. Failure to observe these deadlines will result in the renter being charged the full cost of the rental.
- An administrative fee of $10.00 plus GST will be charged to the renter for any amendments made after the permit has been issued. If a cancellation is made any time during the approval process (permit has not yet been issued), no further fees are due and the approval process for your event is cancelled.
- Payment of the administration fee is non-refundable.
- Amendments to your event may be submitted - please contact Devonian Gardens at Devonian@calgary.ca to inquire if your amendment can be accommodated. Depending upon the nature of the request, additional or new approvals may be required. It is strongly suggested that amendments are made with at least 6-8 weeks’ notice due to potential need for further consideration.
Timelines for booking
- Applications will be accepted for the current year and up to 12 months in advance of the date requested, i.e. booking November 20, 2017 cannot be applied for prior to November 20, 2016.
- For the current year: Special event applications can take 6 - 8 weeks to process and applications are processed in the order they are received.
- For the following year: Fees are set and approved on an annual basis. Permits fees cannot be finalized until after the New Year. Customers can expect to receive updated permits 6 - 8 weeks after the New Year unless the event is occurring in the first 2 months of the year