Just a short distance from downtown Calgary, Reader Rock Garden is a beautiful setting for your wedding, picnic, family gathering or other outdoor event. There is also a meeting room in the Reader house available for bookings. Reader Rock Garden is available for bookings from May 1 to September 30. Requests for bookings open October 1 for bookings in the next year.
Book an outdoor space at Reader Rock Garden
There are four beautiful outdoor areas of Reader Rock Garden that are available for booking.
Things to know before booking Reader Rock Garden
- Bookings are limited to a six hour time slot.
- Outdoor spaces are only available to be booked between May 1 and September 30 and must take place prior to 11 a.m. or after 2 p.m.
- Bookings can only be requested for the current calendar year. Bookings open October 1 for bookings in the next year.
- Reader Rock Garden encourages environmentally-sustainable meetings and events. Please read thegreen event guidelines for information on how to “green” up your booking.
- Only one special event is permitted within the Garden at a time to ensure public access remains available.
- Rentals do not include access to the Café. To arrange catering or access to the Café, please contact Reader's Garden Café at 403-263-0210.
- Bookings at Reader Rock Garden are available on a limited basis in order to preserve the historical significance of the site.
- All visitors must stay on pathways or lawned areas.
- Pets/animals are not permitted in the park.
- Active sports (including frisbee, soccer, lawn darts, etc.) are not permissible.
- Chairs are permitted on the Main Lawn, Nana's Garden and the Western Slope but are not provided with booking.
- All bookings area subject to approval.
Please call 311, inquire online or email us for rental rates.
Book the Reader Rock Garden Meeting Room
Located in the newly restored Reader house, the meeting room at Reader Rock Garden is one of Calgary's most unique cultural landscapes featuring rock pathways, bridges, benches and beautiful flowers. Situated just five minutes from downtown Calgary, Reader Rock Garden, accommodates meeting/event space for groups of up to 25 people.
The meeting room includes:
- Seating for up to 25 people in boardroom or theatre style.
- Free parking.
- Located close to Erlton C-train station.
- Catering on-site. Please contact Reader's Garden Café.
- Bookings available year-round.
|Weekdays (8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.)
||$75/hour (min. 2 hours)|
|Weekends & holidays
||$125/hour (min. 2 hours)|
Note: Additional fees may apply. Bookings outside 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. are subject to an after-hours rate of $125/hour. 25% discount for registered not-for-profit groups.
Book Reader Rock Garden
- Risk Management Fee: $3
- All prices include GST
- Listed rates are base rates and additional fees (electrical hook-ups, damage deposit, etc.) may also be charged upon approval from Parks.
For more information or to book Reader Rock Gardens, call 311 (403-268-2489 if outside Calgary) or inquire online.