Devonian Gardens, in the downtown Core Shopping Centre, has officially re-opened. Experience the 10,000 shrubs, 1.5 million pounds of soil and the trees used to re-create this "tropical oasis".
Note: Devonian Gardens (or portions of) will be closed at the following times for events.
- Saturday, November 22, 5 p.m. - close, Terrace section
- Saturday, November 29, 4 p.m. - close, Terrace section
- Friday, December 5, all-day, Terrace section
- Saturday, December 6, 4:30 p.m. - close, Terrace section
- Friday, December 12, 10:30 a.m. - 5 p.m., Terrace section
- Monday, December 22, 1 - 3 p.m., Terrace section
Bookings Programs & Events School Programs Contact Us
About the park
When Devonian Gardens opened in 1977, it was a state-of-the-art facility that attracted international attention. Over 30 years later, much of the infrastructure had exceeded its lifecycle, and The City of Calgary Parks embarked on a complete renovation of this key downtown attraction. Reopened on June 27, 2012, this "urban oasis" is Calgary's only indoor public park.
Step into a garden of tropical plants and natural light. Meandering walkways lead guests past water fountains, over tree-decked plazas, to ponds teaming with fish. There is also a "living wall" within the Gardens - a favourite spot for photos. Children can enjoy the indoor playground or take in various drop-in programs.
Devonian Gardens is Calgary’s only indoor park. When visiting the garden, please respect the uniqueness of the plant collection and facility by following these simple rules:
- It is prohibited to disturb any part of the plant collection including seed collecting, fruit or flower picking.
- Do not step into planted beds.
- Do not place or throw coins into the ponds. Coins can be harmful to fish.
- Be considerate of all other visitors to the garden.
For more information, call 3-1-1, 403-268-CITY (2489) if calling from outside Calgary, or inquire online.