Location: 400, 317 7 Ave. S.W. (4 floor in the CORE Shopping Centre)
Area: 1 hectare
Park hours: temporarily closed
Parking: Shopping Centre visitor parking information
Entrance fee: FREE
Contact Devonian Gardens
About the park
When Devonian Gardens opened in 1977, it was a state-of-the-art facility that attracted international attention. Over 30 years later, much of the infrastructure had exceeded its lifecycle, and Calgary Parks embarked on a complete renovation of this key downtown attraction. Reopened on June 27, 2012, this "urban oasis" is Calgary's only indoor public park.
Step into a garden of tropical plants and natural light. Meandering walkways lead guests past water fountains, over tree-decked plazas, to ponds teaming with fish. There is also a "living wall" within the Gardens - a favourite spot for photos. Children can enjoy the indoor playground or take in various drop-in programs.
Devonian Gardens is Calgary’s only indoor park. When visiting the garden, please respect the uniqueness of the plant collection and facility by following these simple rules:
- It is prohibited to disturb any part of the plant collection including seed collecting, fruit or flower picking.
- Do not step into planted beds.
- Do not place or throw coins into the ponds. Coins can be harmful to fish.
- Be considerate of all other visitors to the garden.
- Busking is not permitted. Visit Busking in Calgary for approved locations.
For more information, call 311, 403-268-CITY (2489) if calling from outside Calgary, or inquire online.