Devonian Gardens, in the downtown Core Shopping Centre, has officially re-opened. Experience the 10,000 shrubs, 1.5 million pounds of soil and the trees used to re-create this "tropical oasis".
Note: Devonian Gardens (or portions of) will be closed at the following times for events:
- July 25, 2015 the Terrace will be closed from 2 p.m. until the mall closes.
Construction at Devonian Gardens:
- June 23, 2015 until fall 2015, portions of Devonian Gardens will be closed to the public in order to repair planter leaks. The gardens will remain open to the public while work is carried out, but portions will be closed in rotation, to ensure people can enjoy the gardens. Please note that Devonian Garden bookings will not be affected. The public can access the gardens using the following access points; the escalator by the South mall entrance to the gardens and then use the glass bridge to the play area; the North mall entrance to the play area; the North elevator from the street level and up. Please see the access/repair map for directions on how to access the gardens during the repair work.
Bookings Programs & Events School Programs Contact Us
About the park
When Devonian Gardens opened in 1977, it was a state-of-the-art facility that attracted international attention. Over 30 years later, much of the infrastructure had exceeded its lifecycle, and The City of Calgary Parks embarked on a complete renovation of this key downtown attraction. Reopened on June 27, 2012, this "urban oasis" is Calgary's only indoor public park.
Step into a garden of tropical plants and natural light. Meandering walkways lead guests past water fountains, over tree-decked plazas, to ponds teaming with fish. There is also a "living wall" within the Gardens - a favourite spot for photos. Children can enjoy the indoor playground or take in various drop-in programs.
Devonian Gardens is Calgary’s only indoor park. When visiting the garden, please respect the uniqueness of the plant collection and facility by following these simple rules:
- It is prohibited to disturb any part of the plant collection including seed collecting, fruit or flower picking.
- Do not step into planted beds.
- Do not place or throw coins into the ponds. Coins can be harmful to fish.
- Be considerate of all other visitors to the garden.
For more information, call 3-1-1, 403-268-CITY (2489) if calling from outside Calgary, or inquire online.