Location: 400, 317 7 Ave. S.W. (4 floor in the CORE Shopping Centre)
Area: 1 hectare
Park hours: same as CORE Shopping Centre's Merchants - view the hours
Devonian Gardens (or portions of) will be closed at the following times for events:
- May 28 - Terrace section closed for wedding ceremony, 11:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Parking: Shopping Centre visitor parking information
Entrance fee: FREE
Construction at Devonian Gardens: Portions of Devonian Gardens are closed to the public in order to repair planter leaks. Repairs will take place on a rotational basis to minimize public impact. The gardens will remain open to the public. Garden bookings will not be affected.
Contact Devonian Gardens
About the park
When Devonian Gardens opened in 1977, it was a state-of-the-art facility that attracted international attention. Over 30 years later, much of the infrastructure had exceeded its lifecycle, and Calgary Parks embarked on a complete renovation of this key downtown attraction. Reopened on June 27, 2012, this "urban oasis" is Calgary's only indoor public park.
Step into a garden of tropical plants and natural light. Meandering walkways lead guests past water fountains, over tree-decked plazas, to ponds teaming with fish. There is also a "living wall" within the Gardens - a favourite spot for photos. Children can enjoy the indoor playground or take in various drop-in programs.
Devonian Gardens is Calgary’s only indoor park. When visiting the garden, please respect the uniqueness of the plant collection and facility by following these simple rules:
- It is prohibited to disturb any part of the plant collection including seed collecting, fruit or flower picking.
- Do not step into planted beds.
- Do not place or throw coins into the ponds. Coins can be harmful to fish.
- Be considerate of all other visitors to the garden.
- Busking is not permitted. Visit Busking in Calgary for approved locations.
For more information, call 311, 403-268-CITY (2489) if calling from outside Calgary, or inquire online.