Ralph Klein Park is Calgary's newest major park featuring a man-made wetland that uses natural vegetation to treat stormwater before it is discharged into the Bow River. Ralph Klein Park offers numerous on-site programs and events and can also be booked for private functions and birthday parties.
- Ralph Klein Park will be closed May 11 & 12 for maintenance.
- Highway 22X is closed for construction. Access to the park is off 84 St. S.E. from either Glenmore Trail or 114 Ave. S.E.
Address: 12350 84 St. S.E.
Area: 30.35 hectares
Current hours: open Tuesday to Friday, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m., Saturday & Sunday, noon - 4 p.m., closed Mondays and holidays (gates to the parking lot are locked at 6 p.m. weekdays and 5 p.m. weekends)
Programs & EventsBook Ralph Klein Park
- Environmental Education and Ethics Centre - features an indoor classroom, resource library, art studio, interpretive signage, meeting space and composting/low flush washrooms.
- Family Discovery Kit rentals - $25 includes Wetland Experience Journal, Park Exploration and Water Game, Wetland Study.
- Man-made wetland - established to improve stormwater quality before it enters the Bow River system.
- Picnic and day use area - picnic tables and shelter for relaxing group or individual gatherings.
- Public art - Beverly Pepper's Sentinels art sculpture.
- Community orchard - orchard layout consists of five varieties of pear trees and eight varieties of apple trees.
While visiting the park, please remember:
- Portions of the park are still under development, please abide by all construction signage and keep off newly seeded areas and watch for construction vehicles.
- RKP is a wetland. Bringing bug spray and sun protection is highly recommended.
- RKP is a natural environment - no dogs are permitted on site (except assistance dogs).
- Speed limit is 30 km on the park access road.
- The Centre is on well water and beverage services are not available. Please bring a reusable water bottle.
- The site has a zero waste target and Styrofoam or disposable containers are discouraged.
- Pack out what you pack in - help us reach our zero waste goals.
About the park
Ralph Klein Park is the first park to be named for a former mayor during his lifetime. Ralph Klein, a visionary and tireless advocate on behalf of Calgary and Alberta, served as Calgary's 32nd Mayor and Alberta's 12th Premier.
Environmental Education and Ethics Centre
This state of the art facility delivers innovative environmental education programs and services to Calgary citizens with an emphasis on promoting sustainability and stewardship for a healthy future for the city. The facility serves as the hub for the park and supports the outdoor setting through learning gardens, weather stations, wetland study stations and viewing areas, outdoor amphitheatre, and picnic areas.
The Centre includes:
- Two well-equipped classrooms for environmental education programming.
- Meeting rooms and convention style facilities available for booking.
- Art studio.
- Viewing roof.
The Environmental Education Ethics Centre will be a LEED® Gold certified building by meeting high performance standards in environmental responsibility and energy efficiency.
For more information on the Centre and the programs offered call 3-1-1, 268-CITY (2489) if calling from outside Calgary, or inquire online.
Book the Centre
Looking for the perfect venue for your corporate function, wedding or party? Go no further. The Environmental Education & Ethics Centre can accommodate 15 - 200 people and offers one of a kind retractable walls that open onto walkways that create an open air venue. There is also an exhibit hall, boardroom, three classrooms and an art studio.
Take advantage of the outdoor amenities including a green roof with outdoor patio and gas BBQ. In addition, there is an outdoor amphitheatre, picnic tables, shelter, outdoor washrooms and ample free parking.
To reserve your next social function or green meeting, call 3-1-1 or 268-CITY (2489) if calling from outside Calgary, or inquire online.