||12350 84 St. S.E.|
(Building & Grounds)
|October - April:|
Tuesday to Friday: 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Saturday: noon - 4 p.m.
Sunday, Monday and statutory holidays: CLOSED
May - September:
Daily, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Closed statutory holidays
Ralph Klein Park - Bookings & Inquiries
- RKP is a wetland. Bringing bug spray and sun protection is highly recommended.
- RKP is a natural environment - no dogs are permitted on site (except assistance dogs).
- Speed limit is 30 km on the park access road.
- The Centre is on well water and beverage services are not available. Please bring a reusable water bottle.
- The site has a zero waste target and Styrofoam or disposable containers are discouraged.
- Pack out what you pack in - help us reach our zero waste goals.
About the park
Ralph Klein Park is the first park to be named for a former mayor during his lifetime. Ralph Klein, a visionary and tireless advocate on behalf of Calgary and Alberta, served as Calgary's 32nd Mayor and Alberta's 12th Premier.
The Environmental Education Centre features an indoor classroom, resource library, art studio, interpretive signage, meeting space and composting/low flush toilets. The entire Centre can be booked for special events or each room individually.
The man-made wetland was constructed specifically to improve stormwater quality before it enters the Bow River system. The grounds themselves have a picnic area and a community orchard that boasts five varieties of pear trees and eight varieties of apple trees.
For more information on the Centre and the programs offered please call 311 (403-268-2489, if calling from outside Calgary) or inquire online.