Ralph Klein Park is Calgary's newest major park featuring a man-made wetland that uses natural vegetation to treat stormwater before it is discharged into the Bow River. Ralph Klein Park offers numerous on-site programs and events and can also be booked for private functions and birthday parties.
Programs & Events School ProgramsBookingsContact RKP
||12350 84 St. S.E.|
(Building & Grounds)
|September - April:|
Tuesday to Friday: 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Saturday: noon - 4 p.m.
Sunday, Monday and statutory holidays: CLOSED
May - August:
Daily, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Closed statutory holidays
- Environmental Education and Ethics Centre - features an indoor classroom, resource library, art studio, interpretive signage, meeting space and composting/low flush washrooms.
- Man-made wetland - established to improve stormwater quality before it enters the Bow River system.
- Picnic and day use area - picnic tables and shelter for relaxing group or individual gatherings.
- Public art - Beverly Pepper's Sentinels art sculpture.
- Community orchard - orchard layout consists of five varieties of pear trees and eight varieties of apple trees.
- Portions of the park are still under development, please abide by all construction signage and keep off newly seeded areas and watch for construction vehicles.
- RKP is a wetland. Bringing bug spray and sun protection is highly recommended.
- RKP is a natural environment - no dogs are permitted on site (except assistance dogs).
- Speed limit is 30 km on the park access road.
- The Centre is on well water and beverage services are not available. Please bring a reusable water bottle.
- The site has a zero waste target and Styrofoam or disposable containers are discouraged.
- Pack out what you pack in - help us reach our zero waste goals.
About the park
Ralph Klein Park is the first park to be named for a former mayor during his lifetime. Ralph Klein, a visionary and tireless advocate on behalf of Calgary and Alberta, served as Calgary's 32nd Mayor and Alberta's 12th Premier.
For more information on the Centre and the programs offered please call 3-1-1 (403-268-2489 if calling from outside Calgary) or inquire online.
Ralph Klein Park - Bookings & Inquiries