Clearwater Park is presently managed as a reservation-only site until a park master plan is re-visited and implemented to enable more citizens to access the site without risking damage to its unique natural assets. Prime summer months have intensive site use most weekdays and nearly all weekends. Shoulder seasons have less intensive use, mostly on weekends. We encourage groups with low-impact land stewardship ethics to utilize this site. Clearwater is a user-maintained site.
Location: Clearwater Drive, north of Hwy. 8, Rural ID location code - 241050
Area: 64 hectares
Period of operation: The park is open after May long weekend through to Thanksgiving.
- 30 person site capacity
- Secluded, fenced space on banks of Elbow River, approximately 40 acres available for group activities
- 4 - 6.3 m diameter tipis complete with wood floors and wood-burning stoves, each tipi sleeps 7 children or 6 adults
- 1 - 6 X 6 m festival tent with 6 picnic tables
- 2 - pump-out toilets, one of these is wheelchair accessible
- In-ground and portable fire rings, firewood provided
About the park
The City of Calgary recognizes the value and need to provide accessible facilities for community organizations to conduct outdoor activity programs such as:
- Overnight 'backyard' camping close to home
- Team-building activities
- Nature study and appreciation
- Orienteering and outdoor games
Clearwater Park is a secluded, fenced park site operated by The City of Calgary and managed by Parks. It is available for day or overnight bookings for schools and not-for-profit organizations.
Bookings are accepted starting on January 1 for the same year. To reserve call 311 or 403-268-CITY (2489) if calling from outside Calgary. Fees must be paid in full at the time of reservation with a $500.00 damage deposit.
Rental Rates (GST included)
- $110 - Day use, 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- $135 - Overnight bookings, from noon on day of arrival until noon of departure day
- $3 - risk management fee per booking
Damage and key deposit is $500.00. Fees to be paid at time of booking to confirm reservation. A detailed site information package and maintenance check list will be sent at time of booking.
Book Clearwater Park