Calgary Parks is seeking local mobile vendors to help make our City parks more enjoyable for Calgarians.
For years, we have supported mobile vendors in selected City parks to offer on-site, convenient and complimentary services to park users. To help streamline the process, we’re piloting a new application process for interested vendors to follow so they can continue providing their services in parks. The pilot will be conducted for the 2017 vendor season, with public engagement to follow.
Food trucks are currently the most common vendor in parks. Through the new process, we are looking forward to learning about new and different services, activities and locations that can be offered in City parks.
If you are a local mobile vendor and are interested in applying for the 2017 season, please complete our application form.
Vendor Application Form
2017 Vendor Season
Operating Season: April 1 - October 15, 2017
Application Deadline: December 15, 2016
Vendor Notification: February 1, 2017
Operating Season: December 2017 - March 2018
Application Deadline: Ongoing
Vendor Notification: Within 6 weeks of submission
Examples of vendor services:
- Rental of game equipment to encourage activity and play
- Bicycle rentals and repairs
- Rafting services including equipment rental, repair and shuttle
- Wildlife tours or guides
- Skate, snowshoe or ski rental
- Dog washing stations
- Convenient food services
**Please note, general merchandise sales (eg clothing, jewellery, art, etc) is not the target of this pilot program.
Applications will be reviewed and vendors selected based on the following criteria:
- Services must provide a specific benefit to park users/visitors and compliment that park in which is situated.
- General merchandise sales (e.g. clothing, jewellery, art, etc) will not be considered.
- Vendors must have adequate insurance. Issues of liability, indemnity, and public safety are addressed.
- Vendors must demonstrate that their business is stable and viable.
- Vendors must be willing to enter into a legal agreement with The City of Calgary.
- Fees are non-refundable and must be paid in one lump sum before beginning operations on site.
- The City of Calgary must be compensated for any additional costs incurred by having the service there (e.g. utilities, additional garbage collection, etc).
- There is no adverse affect on existing services in the park.
Questions? Contact 311 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Available Sites and Fees
The following are suggested park sites and fees.
- Site fees include a dedicated space for a truck or trailer in the parking lot or within the park. Fees can be negotiated if vendors have different space requirements.
- Electricity may be available at some sites for an additional cost. Please inquire.
- In some cases, more than one vendor may be located at one site.
- Calgary Parks will consider other park sites not listed here, except for Bowness, Prince’s Island, North Edworthy, and Sandy Beach which do not have space or parking to accommodate vendors. Please contact email@example.com for fees of alternate sites.
- Vendors are encouraged to visit the park they are interested in, to assess if their service may be an appropriate fit for that park.
- Winter applications and fees will be considered on an individual basis. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.