Organizing a group cleanup is a great way to bring people together and helps keep our communities clean and healthy. Whether you want to tidy up a small green space or organize a large neighbourhood cleanup, we can help! Our free The Litter Cleanup Kits (TLC Kits) have all the supplies you’ll need.
Each kit contains gloves, garbage bags and hand sanitizer for up to 10 people along with helpful cleanup tips. You can pick up as many free kits as you need.
Where to pick up your TLC Kits
Kits are available at the following locations:
Tell us about your cleanup
After your cleanup, please complete and submit the form below to ensure your bags are picked up by City staff.
The Litter Cleanup Kit feedback form
Tips for a successful day
Before your cleanup
- Dress appropriately for the weather.
- Wear sturdy, closed-toed footwear.
- Bring a hat, sunscreen, water and insect repellent.
- Review the layout of your cleanup area.
- Always work with a partner.
- Wear protective gloves at all times.
- Do not touch unknown items, syringes, glass or other sharp objects. Contact 311 to report their location.
- Do not compress garbage or reach into containers with hands or feet.
- Leave natural materials behind (leaves, deadwood, bones, etc).
- Do not wade into bodies of water to retrieve items.
- If working near a pathway, be careful of cyclists, runners and walkers.
- Do not remove large items (bikes, tires, sleeping bags, etc). Contact 311 to report their location.
- Do not enter illegal camps. Contact 311 to report their location.
- Take breaks. Drink water and wash or sanitize your hands before having a snack.
- Have fun!
After your cleanup
- Place bags beside existing City of Calgary garbage cans, if possible, or group bags together and place them one metre off a paved (asphalt) pathway for pick up by City staff.
- Call 311 to report the location of your bags or return to this page and complete the form above.
- Share your cleanup story: