The Litter Cleanup Kit (TLC Kit) is designed to put simple tools into the hands of Calgarians when they are needed most, in locations where they can make the most impact. The City of Calgary Parks aims to inspire Calgarians to become stewards of their parks and natural areas by taking action to conserve and protect these places. Each kit contains all the basic necessities for individuals or groups to host their own cleanups.
Each kit contains enough for 10 participants: gloves, garbage bags, hand sanitizer and instructions for the cleanup!
Where to pick up your TLC Kit
Kits are available at the following locations:
Tell us about your cleanup
After you've finished your cleanup, complete the below questions and we will make sure the bags are picked up by City staff.
The Litter Cleanup Kit feedback form
Tips for a successful day
Preparing for your cleanup
Get started by reviewing these safety guidelines:
- Wear protective gloves at all times.
- Dress appropriately for the weather.
- Wear sturdy footwear (no open-toed shoes).
- Bring a hat, sunscreen, insect repellent and hand sanitizer.
- Be familiar with the layout of the site before you start
- Always work with a partner.
- Do not touch needles/syringes, glass or any sharp objects. Contact 311 to report location.
- Do not compress garbage or reach into containers with hands or feet.
- Do not wade into the water to retrieve items.
- Leave natural materials behind (leaves, deadwood, bones, etc.)
- Leave large items behind (bikes, tires, sleeping bags, etc.). Contact 311 to report location.
- If working near a pathway, be careful of cyclists/runners/walkers.
- Take breaks through the morning and remember to wash or sanitize your hands before having a snack.
- Have fun!
After your cleanup
- Place bags beside existing garbage cans, if possible. Otherwise, group bags together and place one metre off a paved (asphalt) pathway for pick up by City staff. Call 311 to report location or return to this page and fill out the above form.
Share your stories