Find a Program Register Now
Keep the kids happy and active with our award-winning day camps and holiday programs. We offer a variety of fun, challenging and educational programs including swimming, sports, arts and more.
Day camps are offered during summer break, school holidays (Christmas, Spring Break), Professional Days and Teachers' Convention. Available at locations across Calgary for children ages 3 – 17.
Please refer to the summer day camps brochure and day camp handbook for more information.
Program registration dates
||Fall (Aug-Oct) programs
||2016-2017 Playschool Registration begins (programs at Southland and Village Square Leisure Centres only)
|Mon, Nov 28
||Winter 2017 (Jan-Mar) program registration begins
|To find programs check out our Online Recreation Program Guide.
To find day camp programs available right now, view the Day Camps Program Guide or build your custom program guide with My Rec Guide.
Arts Centres day camps
Both Wildflower and North Mount Pleasant Arts Centres offer Arts Ventures programs for children during school breaks, winter holidays and summer holidays. To find arts camps check out the Arts Centres Day Camps or build your own guide with My Rec Guide.
Sailing programs and day camps
Glenmore Sailing School, located on the Glenmore Reservoir, is the largest sailing school in Canada. We offer a variety of instructor led sailing programs from the May long weekend through to the Monday of Thanksgiving weekend. Check out our Sailing Programs or build your own guide with My Rec Guide.
Soccer Centre day camps
The Calgary Soccer Centre is offering sport day camps again this summer!
Nature day camps
Questions about registration?
Visit registration for programs.
Safety and supervision
Strict guidelines and supervision are provided in all day camp programs. To ensure the health and safety of participants, the programs have the following standards in place:
Arts and crafts at a summer day camp
- Day camp staff are selected on the basis of experience, ability to relate to children, and leadership skills. Staff receive training and are certified in Standard First Aid, CPR, and the High Five Principles of Healthy Child Development.
- Lower ratios are in place for preschool and some speciality programs.
- All participants MUST be the appropriate age by the first day of the program.
- Most camps include swimming. A secure area is provided to store participant belongings while in the pool. All participants are required to wear lifejackets (provided) and/or successfully complete a swimming ability check.
- We do not recommend full day participation for 3 – 4 year olds as camps are very active and there is no rest time.
Children with disabilities are welcome
Our day camps welcome and include children with disabilities. Please make us aware of any disabilities or behavioural needs that may affect your child's participation. While our goal is inclusive participation, there are times when a child requires more support than our current ratios are able to provide and day camp supervisors reserve the right to request an aide. If required, it is the parent's responsibility to arrange for and provide the aide. Please contact the day camp supervisor to obtain the Aide Expectation Information.
Pre-care, post-care and lunch supervision
Parent's Choice Award Winning Day Camps
Pre and post care is offered at most facilities for an additional fee. Pre-care at the Leisure Centres and Aquatic and Fitness Centres begins at 7:30 a.m. and post-care ends at 5:30 p.m. Pre-registration is required so it can be appropriately staffed.
- For the Leisure Centre camps only: daily pre and post care registration is permitted and registration is not available online. Please call 403-268-3800 or visit a Leisure Centre to register. Online registration is not available at the Leisure centres due to those locations offering both a daily and weekly registration option.
- Golf Camps: Pre and post care is not available
- Art Centres: Pre care begins at 8:30 and post care ends at 4:30. Pre-registration is not required.
- Bag Lunches are available at both Southland and Village Square Leisure Centres. A lunch order form must be completed and returned to the Leisure Centre by the Friday prior to the start of your camp.
- Lunch supervision is free for those children who are in two half-day camps or one full-day camp; no registration is required. Supervision is provided for all day camp participants during the lunch hour.
Pick-up and emergency information
To save time on the first day of camps, we recommend that the Day Camp Participant Information Form be filled in, signed and ready to hand in on the first day. This will ensure we have all your current important information on hand, and will save parents time on the first day. For the safety of all participants, authorized pick-up persons may be asked to produce photo ID. Please read your City of Calgary Receipt to ensure you have completed all the required forms for your child’s specific program.
Day Camp FAQ’s
What’s the ratio of children to leaders?
The ratios are different at each facility but do not exceed 1:15.
Can my child be with their friend?
If the friend is the same age and registered in the same program, then yes, your child can be with their friend if possible. Sometimes groups have to be separated for different activities. The final decision will be left up to the programming staff.
What are the exact activities during the camp?
The activities vary in each camp. The camp description found in the Program Guide or on-line is the best indicator of which activities will be included in each camp.
What should the children bring to camp?
Please refer to the day camp handbook for details on what children should bring with them to camp.
Should kids bring their own towels for swimming?
Yes most facilities can loan a towel to a child but they are expected to provide their own.
How much time is spent in the pool and at what time do they go into the pool?
This varies by facility and program.
Does the whole group go in for swimming lessons together?
Where possible yes.
How much time is spent with outdoor activities?
This varies by facility, program and weather.
What the off location trip is for the camps?
The off-trip locations for all camps is indicated in the Program Receipt that is emailed to all registrants.
Village Square Leisure Centre was awarded Most Inclusive Organization in 2011 by Between Friends Calgary as a direct result of the inclusion workers who staff their summer day camps.