Find a Program Register Now
Keep your child happy and active with our award-winning day camps and holiday programs. We offer a variety of fun, physically active and educational programs including swimming, sports, arts and more.
Day camps are offered during summer break, school holidays (Christmas, spring break), professional development days and Teachers' Convention. Available at locations across Calgary for children ages 3 – 17.
Refer to the day camp handbook for more information.
Program registration dates
||Spring/Summer 2017 (Apr-Aug) Programs
||2016-2017 Playschool programs at Southland and Village Square Leisure Centres
||2017-2018 Playschool programs at Southland and Village Square Leisure Centres
|To find programs check out our Online Recreation Program Guide.
To find day camp programs currently available, view the Day Camps Program Guide or build your custom program guide with My Rec Guide.
Arts Centres day camps
Both Wildflower and North Mount Pleasant Arts Centres offer Arts Ventures programs for children during school breaks, winter holidays and summer holidays. To find arts camps check out the Arts Centres Day Camps Guide or build your own guide with My Rec Guide.
Sailing programs and day camps
Glenmore Sailing School, located on the Glenmore Reservoir, is the largest sailing school in Canada. We offer a variety of instructor led sailing programs from the May long weekend through to the Monday of Thanksgiving weekend. Check out our Sailing Programs or build your own guide with My Rec Guide.
Soccer Centre day camps
The Calgary Soccer Centre is offering sport day camps this summer!
Nature day camps
Questions about registration?
Visit registration for programs.
Safety and supervision
Quality supervision is provided in all day camp programs. To ensure the health and safety of participants, the programs have the following standards in place:
Arts and crafts at a summer day camp
- Day camp staff are selected on the basis of experience, ability to relate to children, and leadership skills. Staff receive training and are certified in Standard First Aid, CPR, and the High Five Principles of Healthy Child Development.
- Lower ratios are in place for preschool and some specialty programs.
- All participants must be the appropriate age by the first day of the program.
- Most camps include swimming. A secure area is provided to store participant belongings while in the pool. All participants are required to wear lifejackets (provided) and/or successfully complete a swimming ability check.
- We do not recommend full day participation for 3 – 4 year olds as camps are very active and there is no rest time.
Children with disabilities are welcome
Our day camps welcome and include children with disabilities. Please make us aware of any disabilities or behavioural needs that may affect your child's participation. While our goal is inclusive participation, there are times when a child requires more support than our current ratios are able to provide and day camp supervisors reserve the right to request an aide. If required, it is the parent's responsibility to arrange for and provide the aide. Please contact the day camp supervisor to obtain the Aide Expectation Information.
Pre-care, post-care and lunch supervision
Pre- and post-care is offered at most facilities for an additional fee.
- Leisure Centre camps: Pre-care begins at 7:30 a.m. and post-care ends at 5:30 p.m. Daily registration is permitted and registration is not available online. Call 403-268-3800 or visit a leisure centre to register.
- Aquatic and Fitness Centre camps: Pre-care begins at 7:30 a.m. and post-care ends at 5:30 p.m.
- Golf Camps: Pre- and post-care is not available.
- Art Centre camps: Pre-care begins at 8:30 a.m. and post-care ends at 4:30 p.m. Pre-registration is not required.
- Bag Lunches are available for an additional fee at both Southland and Village Square Leisure Centres. A lunch order form must be completed and returned to the Leisure Centre by the Friday prior to the start of your camp.
- Lunch supervision is available at no charge for those children registered in two half-day camps only; pre-registration is not required for this service. Full-day camps have lunch supervision within their program.
Pick-up and emergency information
To save time on the first day of camps, we recommend that the Day Camp Participant Information Form be filled in, signed and ready to hand in on the first day. This will ensure we have all your current important information on hand, and will save you time. For the safety of all participants, authorized pick-up persons may be asked to produce photo ID. Please read your City of Calgary receipt to ensure you have completed all the required forms for your child’s specific program.
Day Camp FAQ’s